Sunday, March 27, 2011

Typical Saturday...

Spring break is over, it was Ninow's last day in town, and it was finally the weekend. So of course Da CR3W wanted to do something fun, but the day turned out to be quite interesting but I loved it. 
All week long it has been a total guy's week. Watching basketball, playing basketball, talking about basketball, eating, and computer games. For a girlfriend, those aren't always the most exciting activities to be a spectator for. But I did it anyway. 
So Saturday I got to have a little bit of alone time finally. We went out to lunch and then to see Just Go With It. It was cute AND sort of a chick flick! No explosions or anything! We got home and Dee helped make my blog look cuter and told me he would help make it better if I think of anything later. Him being a computer genius is pretty handy sometimes! After that the guys did come over to watch the Jazz game but it was okay because I like it too. Then we went bowling. Me and 10 guys. The competition with them started the second we walked in the door. Dee and I had the best wager though. Whoever lost had to decide EVERYTHING for the next date night. This was a big thing because neither of us is very decisive. So we started bowling. Most of them were so good! I couldn't believe it! There were strikes and spares left and right. I on the other hand decided to fall and slide halfway down the bowling lane. Those buggers are slippery!! Yeah...that was great. I was beating Dee by like 15 going into the 10th frame. But by some miracle I ended up getting XXX that frame. My first turkey. Not only was it amazing to KILL Dee in our competition but I got the only turkey that game and had a bunch of witnesses.  After getting food, we all went to Rally Point A to hang out and play some pool. But it ended up turning into a gab sesh while we all played each other in Words With Friends (best game ever). Dee and I decided to go to his house...which was surrounded by 12 cop cars when we got there.  His neighbors house was being held up, so we sat and watched the cops plan and then go in yelling. They had dogs and HUGE guns too. They went through each room looking for the fugitives but only found evidence. It was kind of a let down that they didn't bring someone out in hand cuffs. But Dee was so cute, he didn't want me to leave in case they started shooting each other as I was walking to my car. Not the most likely thing in Cottonwood Heights, but bless his heart. I guess he still has a little Columbus mentality. We sat at the window and watched the action until 2:30 and then I finally went home. I have a fear of people being in my house. So when I got home and saw my closet light was on, of course my first thought was "Oh my gosh, someone is hiding in my closet. The fugitives came and broke into my house and are hiding in my closet." Not the most rational thought...but whatever. So I called Dee to be on the phone when I opened the door just in case. No worries though, no bad guys. We talked for about 10 minutes and then finally went to bed. 
That was my Saturday. Just another day in the life. I can never really guess what is going to happen each day but that is what keeps it interesting! And a little random thought...A kiss can fix everything. The phrase "kiss and make up" is 100% accurate. When little kids get hurt you kiss it to make things better. They have a magical healing power no matter what the circumstance. I love kisses. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment