Memorial Day weekend signifies the beginning of summer...Utah just didn't seem to get the memo. But regardless of the chilly rainy weather, it was a great weekend. So as a blogger, naturally i have to write it down.
Friday: I got off work, took a nap and just hung out at home until 6. Then Dee came and picked me up so we could go to Ledgemere for a campfire and dinner with my crazy family. It was cold and kinda rainy but it was fun to go to the place where Dee and I met and spend some time with the fam. After that we went down to Provo for a double date with Tom. I have wanted to go to Color Me Mine forever so finally I got my wish. The girls made things for the guys and the guys made them for the girls. It was pretty fun! We didn't talk much though because everyone was so focused on their projects. After painting we went and got malts at the Malt Shoppe down there. It was packed! And it was super weird to be in Provo on the infamous "date night"...whoa. Then it was getting late so we headed home and went to bed.
Saturday: I had to work at 9 (yuck) but only for a few hours. We were thinking about going to the Ranch but that didn't end up happening because of the weather. Dee's bday was Sunday so we went out to dinner with his sister, parents, grandparents, aunt on his mom's side to Morelia. He loves this place...i'll admit it is pretty good. After a yummy dinner we went to his grandparents house for DELICIOUS mudpie and just hung out for a while. It was really fun actually! Then to make out Saturday night even crazier we went bowling with his parents. Dave beat us all but it's okay because it was the most entertaining night of bowling ever. I wouldn't have rather be anywhere else. Midnight marked Dee's official birthday so I gave him his presents as soon as we got home. I guess giving gifts at midnight has kind of turned into a tradition...we'll see how long it lasts. I was really nervous about his gifts because boys are SOOOO hard to shop for!! But i ended up getting him a pretty sweet Ohio State hat and making a box for all of my notes he has saved (I'm a note writer). He seemed to really like them...PHEW!
Sunday: Ugh i woke up to my mom taking my car away. On Dee's birthday. Perfect. I was super pissed but was trying to not let it ruin my day. I went to church and that made everything better. When I got home my mom had changed her tune and everything was okay. Dinner was at 5:30 so I went over to Dee's at 5. And after dinner what did we have? MUDPIE!! Haha. It was very laid back. I love being with him and his family. Then we went over to his Grandma and Grandpa Evans's house for MORE mudpie! Pretty sure i gained like 10 pounds this weekend. We all just sat and talked. Sundays there are the best! But sadly a few of my favorite people were missing!! That's okay though cuz I'll see them Tuesday for Dee's cute cousin's wedding shower!!!!!! After Grandma Evans we went home, but on sweats, and watched Heroes until it was time for me to leave. It was just a relaxing and perfect Sunday evening. I loved every minute, but i think the best part was cuddling up on the couch and just being with Dee on his birthday.
Monday: NO WORK!!!! Holla!! Oh my gosh it was so nice to have today off. I woke up to my mom saying "Let's go get a pedicure." Don't have to tell me twice! After that I met up with Dee and Sean at Rio. We hadn't been there in forever...it had easily been over a week. Then it was off to the mall. Dee had some birthday money to spend and I was in need of a wedding shower gift. Going shopping with two guys is so different from shopping with girls. I love it because shopping is definitely not a favorite past time of mine. We just hung out at Sean's, ate and ate and ate, went to Tom's to watch Zoolander. And then, now at 1 am I am finishing my blog before bedtime. Did I mention it was three years ago today that i met Dee? Crazy how time flies and how much has happened and changed between us...but everything happens for a reason and right now I couldn't love him more.
Tomorrow I go back to work for a lovely double shift but after that I get to go to the wedding shower!! Woohoo :)
Overall, it was a pretty relaxing and family filled weekend (even if it wasn't my family for the most part). But that is how a long weekend is supposed to be :) Sooo yup! That is all! Sorry it's a novel once again.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment