Come home instead of go to class to take a nap. Go to Bed Bath & Beyond. Syd makes dinner while Dee watches the Playoffs. It's a chilly night so we put a fire in the fireplace. We got some pillows and a blanket and laid down on the floor by the fire and cuddled up as we watched the Lakers play the Hornets. He was tickling my back and kissing my forehead, everything was perfect... UNTIL THE FIRE ALARM!!!
First of all, it was my mom's idea to have a cozy night in with a fire, so that's what we did! But did I think to check the flue? Psh of course not.
The fire was lit, the lights were off, curled up by a warm fire with my man...didn't happen to notice the entire top 2 floors were completely filled with smoke. Once we figured out the flue was closed, I flipped it...once again not really thinking that it had been by a fire for the past hour or so. YUP! Definitely burned my finger so I've got a nice blister now. And then we couldn't figure out how to turn the alarm off. We were running around trying to figure it out, opening doors and windows, turning on fans, I was waving a broom...but nothing was working. The poor dog wanted to get as far away as possible. I have never heard anything so noisy. Finally I figured it out and then it was just waiting for the smoke to clear out and dressing my wound. Dee took good care of me and he made sure all the doors were re-locked...side note, i am TERRIFIED of burglars so being home alone is NOT my favorite thing ever. Then I grabbed and ice pack to keep on my finger and we watched the rest of the game right back where we started.
Not quite as romantic and cutesy as last night. But it was certainly memorable!! Every day is a new adventure and I love every minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment